Sunday, December 6, 2015

things that make me happy // 481-500



481. long car rides with family
482. singing hymns
483. teaching a first aid course to siblings and cousins over the weekend and watching them learn
484. working with fun people and having chats about life and real feelings and problems while on break together
485. small-town Santa Claus parades 
486. small-town anything, let's be real
487. the feeling of coming home again
488. taking a week off my NaNoWriMo and just starting to think about it again
489. the feeling of, "hey, wait a second. I'm writing a book!!" because I am totally feeling that right now
490. pizza for dinner
491. Christmas presents coming in the mail
492. peppermint tea
493. those rare days when I take the car to work (normally, I have to ride my bike)
494. seeing my younger brother enjoy books that I have loved
495. apple pie 
496. bookstores
497. the Christmas lights in our neighbourhood
498. swimming laps on my breaks at work
499. guarding swim team and picking up tips from the coaches
500. grandparents' houses


what are you thankful for this month? has anyone else been avoiding their NaNo manuscript, or is it just me?

xx
Olivia

18 comments:

  1. Christmas presents in the mail! Those are the BESTEST. :-D

    Small-town anything. Amen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Emma!! So excited for the 25th!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Grace, YOU make me so happy! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. This month, I'm mainly happy about friends and the joy they bring me. :) Your list is awesome; those are definitely things to be happy about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an awesome thing to be happy about, Vlora! I'm so happy to hear that. :)

      Delete
  4. Haha wow. Car rides with family doess not make me happy at all. I love them but I can't handle hours of them in small spaces. This month Im putting focus on thankfulness for God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Vanessa!! I can totally see how that would be an un-thankful thing, too. I guess it depends on my mood? Thanks for reminding me to be more thankful for God - something I need to remember, too!

      Delete
  5. What is it about small towns? I love them so much. Numbers 494 and 496 are also so wonderful. (: I am thankful that school is over and that our Christmas tree is bright and glittering in the living room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, me too! My parents both grew up in the same small town, so both of their families still live there - you visit one person, you visit them all! I love it. :) Our Christmas tree is up, too... so thankful for that as well!!

      Delete
  6. Christmas is coming and I'm SO thankful for that--also good books and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Christmas! So looking forward to that too. What good books have you been into lately?

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Would you believe me if I said I didn't notice?? Lol! :p

      Delete
  8. I can see snow on those photographs, I miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You caught me - those pictures are from last year! We don't have any snow yet, either. :( haha good eye!

      Delete
  9. I adore everything about this. Lovely words and gorgeous pictures, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.