Friday, March 13, 2015

two word prayer


 
i wondered if this
moment
would stick in my mind forever.
in the crackly air between
the last ring and
hello?
her phone balanced on her knee,
one foot on the gas
we were still laughing,
sunshine outside,
friday afternoon.
and then,
one shuddering breath
across the line,
a sob,
words pouring too fast to catch

serious accident
hospital

and suddenly
nothing was funny.

we were frozen,
couldn't think,
couldn't pray
i thought i would come to hate
all the little pieces
that made up that moment
thought i'd never be able to
listen to that song
or smell that perfume
without wanting to vomit,
fear rising in my throat
but
i've already forgotten what was on the radio,
the edges of that hour
blurred into a
two word prayer

please, God.
I don't even know if he's alive.

//

Last Friday night a friend and I were driving around town when we got a call from her sister saying that her brother had been in a serious accident. He's still in the hospital right now and if you can spare the time, I would so appreciate it if you would pray for them.

love you all!
xx
Olivia

10 comments:

  1. ohhh my goodness, girl. Praying right now, and I will keep them in my prayers. Here for you, Olivia. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, Kate! <3 that means a lot.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, I'll keep them in my prayers. I hope everything is alright. *gives you virtual tea and chocolate*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Olivia, how horrible. I hope your friend's brother makes a full recovery! I'll pray for him and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying! So sorry to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so heartbreaking! I'll be praying! I hope all turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi awesome post! Please check out my blog.
    shinenelevate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry, that is terrible! How is he doing now? (If it's okay to share that. If not, I understand.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for your friend's brother!
    Just a little note to tell you I nominated you for the Liebster award! Have fun!
    http://missmadymoo.blogspot.com/2015/03/spring-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments from you make my day! ♥ True story.